A Look Into CMT

In my last blog post I talked about my trip to Nashville, Tennessee. During my time in Music City, I chose to live tweet one of the six businesses we visited. I live tweeted during our visit to a Nashville entertainment company, Country Music Television (CMT). 


Walking into the building we were greeted by a gorgeous and bright CMT sign. We took the elevators upstairs and met Amanda Murphy, who was our connection at this company. She took us on a tour of the three levels of the building. She took us into their production room where shows such as “Hot 20 Countdown” happen. We then got to go into the controls room. This is where they handle everything during the live show. Next, we went into their newly renovated third floor. This floor was pretty empty and Amanda stated this is because they want room to grow their staff. 

One of CMT’s most popular TV shows is “Nashville." Pictures and posters of this show were plastered around the entire office. You could tell they were proud of their work. Pictures of these rooms and some office spaces were included in all of my tweets. 

After we finished  our tour, Amanda  took us into a bigger conference room where she  talked about her career, how she got there and then opened the floor  to questions. When I was able to tweet, I tweeted quotes from Amanda. I think one of the hardest parts of live tweeting was trying to remain professional and polite.  During the discussion, I was actively listening and engaging in what she was saying,  but to her, I may not have looked that way. This was my first time live tweeting an event and I had plenty of fun with it!


If you want to check out what Amanda had to say about working in the entertainment industry, go to my Twitter profile. You can find me at @crabby_abby12

Comments

  1. Abby, What a great experience this must have been. It sure sounds like you guys got to check out some pretty cool businesses. I am curious as to what other companies you visited in your time in Nashville. It looks like you did a great job live tweeting this event you were at as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment