Galentines Day Celebration

Valentines day has just passed which means so has February 15. Also known as, discounted chocolate day! My favorite day of the year! Valentine's day is said to be a “hallmark” holiday meaning this holiday exists purely for commercial and material reasons. Even though that may be true, I love a day that celebrates love. This year I didn’t celebrate Valentine’s Day with Tommy (my boyfriend) because it fell on a Wednesday and we had busy weeks. We went out to dinner this weekend though and it was great! We also split a giant cookie cake. Goals am I right? 

This year I celebrated a different holiday though. Galentine’s Day is observed on February 13, the day before Valentine’s Day. For those who do not know what this holiday is, it is a day to celebrate your friends! Your gals, if you will. This holiday, I believe, originated from the TV show “Parks and Recreations.” Leslie Knope, the main character, says this is her favorite holiday. A day to leave the men at home and celebrate love among lady friends. 

This year I celebrated with some friends from Ohio Northern! We went out to a simple dinner at the Beer Barrel in Findlay. Then came back to the apartments, ate cookies and celebrated each other. The best part was we didn’t have to put on a movie or even play a game, we talked for hours and just had a complete blast. 

Being “extra” is the best way to throw a party. This group of friends and I is throwing a Cactus-themed party next week, tune in next week for more details! But, since I didn’t throw the party at my place, I couldn’t be as extra as I would’ve wanted. With that being said, if you’re looking to throw your own Galentine's Day party next year, or any day of the week because there is never a bad time to celebrate your friends, here are some ideas I accumulated. Pinterest is your bestfriend when planning themed parties. If you need more inspiration, head over there. 

  • Always make sure you have a place to take pictures. This is essential. We made our backdrop using a plastic tablecloth from Dollar General and a burlap banner from Amazon! 
  • Food is key. Making heart shaped everything and using red and pink frosting/sprinkles to decorate. This is needed. Girls love food. 
  • Decorations are classy and chic. I would’ve bought some pink and gold balloons, paper plates and cups to accent each other. I also would’ve hung up a banner somewhere reading “Let’s Hear It For the Girls” because my ladies are the best. 
  • Outfit/Accessories help you just let go and feel good about yourself. If it were up to me, I would've bought everyone obnoxious heart glasses or headbands with bopping hearts. This is one of the days you and your girls can get dolled up for yourself, not for a man. Put on some heels, do your hair, you go girl. 






Comments

  1. This post is awesome and I love all the pictures! Especially the ones that involve the dog, it doesn't get much cuter than that honestly. I used to think Valentine's day was overrated, but I've always loved getting to celebrate love regardless. I didn't know Galentine's Day was a real think observed on the 13th, I thought girls just did it for fun to appreciate each other; so I think it's awesome that love of all kind can be celebrated during this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Galentine's Day is the best!!! I completely agree, being "extra" is the way to do it. Me walking in with my friends to Bob Evans with huge bags and crates, all dressed up, trying to take pictures…its a a sight to see. I absolutely love the idea of throwing a party. Maybe we will do this next year! You have some great tips.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment