Spring Break 2018

Spring Break was this week for many students and especially Ohio Northern students! As I mentioned last week, I got to travel to Clearwater Beach, Florida with my sister. Even though we only we only had four full days in the sun, it was a great getaway before going back to Ada. If you ever have a chance to go to Clearwater Beach I would highly recommend it! 

We stayed at Echo Sails Motel which was very close to the beach and everything was within walking distance from our place. The rooms were had a kitchenette and the motel had a pool. If you ever do go to Clearwater I determined you should stay on the island side. Clearwater Beach is separate from the mainland but the beach is on the island. I think to save money and time you should stay on the beach side. 

Speaking of the beach, this is where we spent our first day. We were like beached whales out there. Clearwater Beach is within the Top 10 beaches in the United States and it lived up to the hype. The sand was white, soft and beautiful. The water was clear and warm. The sun was alive and well. This was our first trip without parents, therefore we thought we were “too cool” for sunscreen. As the story would go, we got pretty burnt. My legs were fried and Emily’s backside was awful. But, we survived and continued to go out in the sun. Florida was experiencing some colder temperatures at the end of the week. Yet, even 59 degrees in the south the sun is hot hot hot and you can get burnt burnt burnt.  

The rest of the trip was spent tanning, a few excursions and a ton of food. Like a mentioned last week, I will not go to a new city without doing some research on what to when I am there.  Clearwater is on the Gulf side and this is where bottlenose dolphin love to hang out. I found a top-rated dolphin sighting tour, the Little Toot.  We saw five dolphin which was plenty considered it was cold and windy! On our last day, we went to the Clearwater Marine Aquarium! If you are familiar with the move “Dolphin Tale” this is the exact place where it was filmed. The dolphin, Winter, lives here. We got to see her and her prosthetic tail. Along with Winter, there were  two more dolphin and more aquatic animals. We Brocks really like dolphin. 

Food is my favorite part of any trip. We got to experience some awesome places. We made our lunch everyday to save on money but we ate out for dinner! One of my favorite places was Pearly’s Beach Eats. This was a very low-key, trendy restaurant. The fish tacos were phenomenal! I also enjoyed Frenchy's South Beach Cafe which is a local favorite. Barefoot Beach House is right on the beach and serves ice cream, coffee and lunch! They have picnic tables on the beach where you can sit and enjoy a frappe or chicken fingers. 

Thank you for reading my insane back to back travel blogs. I hope they were at least a little interesting and you have considered going to Clearwater! Getting out of Ohio for spring break is a must in my book. Whether it is the whole week or one day, get out and enjoy your break! I am back now and it is snowing. But laying on the beach for five days made coming back to the snow a little better. Please excuse the overload of pictures. 



























Comments

  1. Abby, I have heard nothing but great things about Clearwater Beach. My mom and step-dad go there every year and when I graduate we are planning on taking a trip there this summer. I am really looking forward to being lazy on the beach and getting sun burnt like you said. When it comes to vacations I always like to eat at places that I can't eat at back home, so I will check out the places that you talked about in this blog. It seems that you had a great spring break trip with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After sitting in class with you when you booked your hotel, I am so happy that you got to follow through on your plans for spring break. Keeping up with your social medias, it looked like you had a great time in Florida with your sister and your blog does a great job elaborating on what all you got to do. Your trip sounded very relaxing with a lot of time spent in the sand. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been to Clearwater so I know how gorgeous it is there! Really anywhere that isn't Ohio is pretty to me let's be real. It looks like you had so much fun on spring break and were able to appropriately escape the stress of school! It's cool that you got to spend it with your sister, I always take advantage of getting to be with my sister too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment